The nose of Guerlain since 2008, originally including La Petite Robe Noire and The Ideal Man, spoke about his extraordinary career marked by exciting and inspiring encounters. Meeting.
Dandy of modern times, he speaks without jargon with the eye and tells his kid laughing tricks to reformulate without distorting the classics of the house. The game is the theme of this genius of perfumery, fell into the perfume completely by accident. "A friend of my mother wore Habit Rouge. I was 13. This perfume has given me confidence and has raised my vocation," he explains. Since then, he made a clear round. This colorful character through their paces at Givaudan and Firmenich where he was noticed in 2007 by Guerlain after a successful collaboration for editing and Iris Ganache When comes the rain.
Thierry Wasser and Jean-Paul Guerlain, a father-son relationship
"I have a picture of John Paul and I put on my desk which dates from 2008. I love this picture because it shows what he always between us today: the conniving". Thierry Wasser speaks of man who appointed Creative Director in June 2008 with great tenderness and affection: "Our relationship falls under the order of the sensible and the irrational What is quite. the ropes of a perfumer, "he explains. If the two men are not related by blood, they are by the passion for fragrance and their similarities. Indeed, they are both hard workers, have the same flowery language and the same sensitivity. Thierry Wasser is part of the family line naturally, which does not prevent him from irony: "As often in families, patches are often the most chiantes I do not break the rule I am extremely.. -I know about demanding fingertips formulas of Guerlain perfumes. I peeled the book of formulas, questioned John Paul on the creations of Jacques, his grandfather, and I am present at all stages of manufacturing each flavor, "he says.
Guardian preserve of Guerlain formulas
"I spend 25% of my time traveling the world in search of raw materials and, as Jean-Paul and Jacques before he did, I am every Wednesday the factory to ensure quality control of the formulas" . Thierry Wasser has a holistic view of what is happening in the plant, the sine qua non for being the guarantor of formulas juice home. "Being in the heart of the production influences my creative vision - Because of my experience, today there are raw materials that I like They are all from the Guerlinade: olfactory signature Guerlain (tonka bean. ., iris, jasmine, rose, bergamot and vanilla), but they are used little or bow in my creations Guerlain perfumes are created based on the individuality of the perfumer But there still has links with others. care taken in choosing raw materials and how to deal together in the factory, "he says.
Philanthropic Parfumeur
"I love people, share, exchange," Thierry Wasser is talkative when it comes to evoke his taste for travel. A passion inexorably linked to the purchase of raw materials he cherished so much. "My love for people is both a strength and a flaw." Its partners, or rather "his friends" as they call them, the nose of Guerlain are in the four corners of the world. In Bulgaria for the rose, in Tunisia for Neroli essence, Venezuela tonka bean for India or for vetiver. All he convinced the dealer with it, always with the establishment of a sustainable development program beneficial for people, the latest being an irrigation project of a valley in India: "At Guerlain, we are engaged, it is a state of mind, "he says.
A strong advocate of the olfactory heritage
Being true to the spirit of the house, keeping alive the heritage, transmit this olfactory wealth, Thierry Wasser there spending all its energy in an intelligent and fun. When The European Union points to the Bulgarian rose in Nahema composition for its allergenic potential, first he notes with irony: "To my knowledge, no one has died for bringing Nahema extract of. Pink is used annually for this perfume - and that for worldwide-representing 30 liters ... "and then he says:" I think it's an olfactory cultural heritage of France and Europe we produce. All these health issues are commendable, but you have to bend all things considered, "he says.
A magician formulas
"I love the game reformulations as well as creation. It amuses me." True defender of great perfumes of the house, Thierry Wasser happens to make them live with deceit, humor and talent. It tells how maliciously he continues to live Mitsouko yet covered by the European Commission for its oak moss considered a potential allergen. "By mixing several ingredients, we managed to reproduce the sparkling side and earthy oak moss and we added a heavy solvent to secure. Finally, we have a formula similar to the original while respecting the Law When a client said to me. I have to Mitsouko there twenty years, I think I won. " The urge to laugh, Thierry Wasser also used for its original creations where inspiration comes from his memories, surprises of life; Thus Cologne was born of a fragrance with mandarin who had scored when he was a child. Funniest, olfactory uniqueness of oriental perfumes as East or mythical Incense Desert was born from a discussion with the Emirates in Dubai: "They told me they wanted a big perfume remaining on their cotton clothes. I then worked my formulas I was testing my old t-shirts in cotton until the expected result. " If each perfume born of an impact, Thierry Wasser does not hesitate to say that some were sometimes bad start. "When Ann-Caroline, Marketing Director I mentioned the idea of a perfume that would be called La Petite Robe Noire I remained skeptical, but after it made me tilt. Make a hold-up of an iconic piece of fashion in a large house of perfume is genius. And the inspiration came to me. I combined licorice, black cherry, patchouli True ... word games with the smells. "With his talent, audacity and originality, Thierry Wasser brilliantly in line of Guerlain creators. A mythical home that celebrates 186 years and, obviously, still has beautiful days in front of her perfumed.
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire